Apr 3, 2010, 9:49 PM EDT
Dan Woike of the Orange County Register reports that Angels left-hander Scott Kazmir is going to open the 2010 season on the 15-day disabled list.
Kazmir, acquired from the Rays last season, was scratched from a scheduled start last Thursday with shoulder soreness, which has cut into his ability to get properly stretched out for the start of the regular season. He should be ready to go after the first week or two and might only miss one scheduled start.
The 26-year-old southpaw went 10-9 last season with a 4.89 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 117 strikeouts in 147 1/3 innings between Tampa Bay and Anaheim. The Halos are hoping he will step it up this year in the absence of John Lackey.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)