Apr 5, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
This is the place I want to be at. I want to be here. This team is
obviously going in the right direction. I’m all for it. That’s why I
don’t want to deter anybody away. I like being here.
But Buster reported a few minutes ago that there are no talks happening between Dunn and the Nats at all. Which, given (a) Dunn’s enthusiasm; and (b) the fact that it’s usually the team, and not the player, who has no problem negotiating once the season begins, one would assume the Nats are giving Dunn the high hat. Maybe they don’t like the fact that he ends his sentences with prepositions.
Seriously, though, I’d have a hard time getting my brain around a Dunn extension if I was a National League general manager. I love his bat, obviously, but you have to figure the Nats want to make sure he can play at first base all year before unloading the money truck. I mean, he’s played a lot there, sure, but this is supposedly the first year he has really committed to it.
So, yeah, big year for Dunn.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 34
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 22
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)