Apr 5, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
This is the place I want to be at. I want to be here. This team is
obviously going in the right direction. I’m all for it. That’s why I
don’t want to deter anybody away. I like being here.
But Buster reported a few minutes ago that there are no talks happening between Dunn and the Nats at all. Which, given (a) Dunn’s enthusiasm; and (b) the fact that it’s usually the team, and not the player, who has no problem negotiating once the season begins, one would assume the Nats are giving Dunn the high hat. Maybe they don’t like the fact that he ends his sentences with prepositions.
Seriously, though, I’d have a hard time getting my brain around a Dunn extension if I was a National League general manager. I love his bat, obviously, but you have to figure the Nats want to make sure he can play at first base all year before unloading the money truck. I mean, he’s played a lot there, sure, but this is supposedly the first year he has really committed to it.
So, yeah, big year for Dunn.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)