Apr 5, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
Earlier USA Today ran a story saying that the average salary in baseball dropped 17%. Now they’re running a correction:
CORRECTION: The average salary of players on
opening-day rosters was incorrectly stated in the original version of
this story. The average player salary is $3.27 million, a 1% increase
from $3.26 million in 2009.
I had all kinds of fun analysis based on the previously wrong numbers which is all now moot. I have nothing intelligent to add about a 1% increase, because that’s pretty meaningless.
Let’s go watch a baseball game, shall we?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)