Apr 5, 2010, 7:41 PM EDT
I figured Craig would be all over this one, but in case you missed it, 20-year-old Jason Heyward homered off Carlos Zambrano in his first major league at-bat Monday.
The majestic three-run shot put the Braves up 6-3 in the first inning, and Atlanta went on to 16-5 in a rout. Howard, who started in right field and hit seventh, also had an RBI single in his five at-bats.
Heyward was the sixth Atlanta Brave to homer in his first at-bat. The last was Jordan Schafer, who had a second-inning homer off Brett Myers in his debut on Opening Day 2009.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)