Apr 5, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Brewers’ owner Mark Attansio just told the assembled Milwaukee beat writing brigade that the team is having ongoing “discussions” with Prince Fielder regarding a contract extension. No word if there have been offers exchanged or anything.
Not that anyone should fret if they’re not talking money yet. First contact was made on this subject during spring training, which is fairly unprecedented for a Boras client so far from free agency. The fact that anything is happening is unusual for him, which suggests to me that either Fielder is strongly urging his agent to talk to the Brewers because he wants to stay there, that Boras and Fielder are mindful of the potentially tough market for first basemen after the 2011 season, or both.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)