Apr 5, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
For those of you wondering about K-Rod’s hasty trip to Venezuela over the weekend, the Post’s Kevin Kernan reports that it was occasioned by what sounds like a dreadful truck crash involving two of his brothers and three other passengers. The truck rolled down a hill several times after the driver fell asleep. No fatalities, but one of Rodriguez’s brothers has two broken legs, broken hips, a broken arm, broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a messed up knee. His other brother has a broken arm. The more injured brother has had surgery already and faces more.
Rodriguez is back and says he’s going to be able to block all this out, but you have to assume he’s not in the best frame of mind. And once again, keep a good thought for him and his family.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)