Apr 5, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
For those of you wondering about K-Rod’s hasty trip to Venezuela over the weekend, the Post’s Kevin Kernan reports that it was occasioned by what sounds like a dreadful truck crash involving two of his brothers and three other passengers. The truck rolled down a hill several times after the driver fell asleep. No fatalities, but one of Rodriguez’s brothers has two broken legs, broken hips, a broken arm, broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a messed up knee. His other brother has a broken arm. The more injured brother has had surgery already and faces more.
Rodriguez is back and says he’s going to be able to block all this out, but you have to assume he’s not in the best frame of mind. And once again, keep a good thought for him and his family.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (159)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)