Apr 5, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
For those of you wondering about K-Rod’s hasty trip to Venezuela over the weekend, the Post’s Kevin Kernan reports that it was occasioned by what sounds like a dreadful truck crash involving two of his brothers and three other passengers. The truck rolled down a hill several times after the driver fell asleep. No fatalities, but one of Rodriguez’s brothers has two broken legs, broken hips, a broken arm, broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a messed up knee. His other brother has a broken arm. The more injured brother has had surgery already and faces more.
Rodriguez is back and says he’s going to be able to block all this out, but you have to assume he’s not in the best frame of mind. And once again, keep a good thought for him and his family.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 8
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)