Apr 5, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
For those of you wondering about K-Rod’s hasty trip to Venezuela over the weekend, the Post’s Kevin Kernan reports that it was occasioned by what sounds like a dreadful truck crash involving two of his brothers and three other passengers. The truck rolled down a hill several times after the driver fell asleep. No fatalities, but one of Rodriguez’s brothers has two broken legs, broken hips, a broken arm, broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a messed up knee. His other brother has a broken arm. The more injured brother has had surgery already and faces more.
Rodriguez is back and says he’s going to be able to block all this out, but you have to assume he’s not in the best frame of mind. And once again, keep a good thought for him and his family.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)