Apr 5, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
For those of you wondering about K-Rod’s hasty trip to Venezuela over the weekend, the Post’s Kevin Kernan reports that it was occasioned by what sounds like a dreadful truck crash involving two of his brothers and three other passengers. The truck rolled down a hill several times after the driver fell asleep. No fatalities, but one of Rodriguez’s brothers has two broken legs, broken hips, a broken arm, broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a messed up knee. His other brother has a broken arm. The more injured brother has had surgery already and faces more.
Rodriguez is back and says he’s going to be able to block all this out, but you have to assume he’s not in the best frame of mind. And once again, keep a good thought for him and his family.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)