Apr 5, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The President threw out the first pitch at the Phillies-Nats game a little over an hour ago. You can see video of it here, at least until Major League Baseball’s lawyers go and shut down the Sporting News for what I presume is some retransmitting and/or rebroadcasting the descriptions and/or accounts of the game without express written consent. In the meantime, a couple of observations:
- When I saw the Nationals jacket I was prepared to call the nation’s most famous White Sox fan a flip flopper;
- When I saw him break out the Sox cap, I was once again pleased with our nation’s leader. It would have been better if he ripped off the Nats jacket to reveal a Gordon Beckham jersey, thrown the jacket on the ground and then spit on it, but we’ll take what we can get;
- I have no idea why he wore the glove. Was he expecting a comebacker? Are his mechanics so delicate that he has to have the glove so as not to throw off his weight distribution during his windup?
- The ball as juuuuuuust a bit high. Beats bouncing it, sure, but Michelle had better get him breathing through his eyelids stat, because that stuff won’t play in the show, Meat.
Can you call the President “Meat?” Yeah, I think you can.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup