Apr 5, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
Jerry Manuel announced the Mets’ Opening Day lineup yesterday. Here it is:
1. SS Alex Cora
2. 2B Luis Castillo
3. 3B David Wright
4. 1B Mike Jacobs
5. LF Jason Bay
6. CF Gary Matthews Jr.
7. RF Jeff Francoeur
8. C Rod Barajas
9. SP Johan Santana
In other words, Omar Minaya just gave $66 million to a guy and his manager is hitting him behind Mike Jacobs. If this is the regular lineup going forward, Bay is going to walk approximately 237 times this year. He won’t see a strike until his fall bowling league starts.
And while I have hurled mucho hate at Jeff Francoeur in my time, he is hitting way too low in this lineup. And where’s Angel Pagan?
The Mets haven’t played an inning yet and they’re already screwing up.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)