Who was most out-of-place at Fenway last night?

Apr 5, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT

Dr. Dre.jpgHere’s a question for you:  Which of the following people who participated in last night’s festivities seemed the most awkward and out-of-place?

• Pedro Martinez, throwing the first pitch out as if he were all retired and everything, which frankly, is something for which I’m not ready;
  • Chan Ho-Park;
  • Dr. Dre, who should not, under any circumstances, be seen wearing the jersey of an east coast team.

Between all that and just how sloppy the game itself was I just can’t express how discombobulating last night was for me. I’m going to pretend that it was merely an extension of spring training and that the real Opening Day is today.  Greinke vs. Verlander!  Santana vs. Johnson! Oswalt vs. Lincecum!  Far less ridiculousness, I’m sure.

1. YankeesfanLen - Apr 5, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Yankees lost because of bad sining and Park. Oh, well.
    You moderated a great chat last night, Craig, let’s do two.

2. Curious George - Apr 5, 2010 at 9:17 AM

“Yankees lost because of bad sining”
    I don’t know. The Yankees can sin with the best of them.

3. The Common Man - Apr 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Can I vote for Stephen Tyler’s random girlfriend who harmonized for the last chorus of “God Bless America,” but otherwise just stood there smiling while we all wondered if she was his nurse or something?

4. yankeh8r - Apr 5, 2010 at 9:31 AM

wankers lost because they scored less runs.
    captcha: lecturer of

5. teb7 - Apr 5, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I know they’re not East Coast, but come on Craig–a White Sox hat was Dre’s signature look back in the day.

6. Matt M - Apr 5, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I’m with you. At least with the other people, I knew who they were.

7. Eric Solomon - Apr 5, 2010 at 10:40 AM

The one guy who most clearly and obviously did not belong in a major league ballpark last night was Chan Ho Park.

8. Lee - Apr 5, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I believe that was Tyler’s daughter, Chelsea Tallarico.

9. bostonbarb - Apr 5, 2010 at 11:40 AM

the only one that BELONGED was Pedro!! As far as the rest of them ” SCREW ‘EM”!!!!

10. Kate Smith - Apr 5, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Trust me, GBA has been used in plenty of bad movies. Not sure about strip clubs though – nobody ever wanted to see me naked.

11. Smit - Apr 5, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Jimenez VS Gallardo !!!!!
    (sorry 2 of my favorite young pitchers going at it..had to throw it in)

12. JudyJ - Apr 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Most out of place last night was the “freekin red carpet.” Not classy at all.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5115)