Apr 5, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Here’s a question for you: Which of the following people who participated in last night’s festivities seemed the most awkward and out-of-place?
- Neil Diamond, wearing a “keep the Dodgers in Brooklyn” jacket that’s only a half-century too late;
- Pedro Martinez, throwing the first pitch out as if he were all retired and everything, which frankly, is something for which I’m not ready;
- Chan Ho-Park;
- Steven Tyler, singing “God Bless America,” perhaps the only song he’s ever sung that will not be used at a strip club or a bad movie;
- Dr. Dre, who should not, under any circumstances, be seen wearing the jersey of an east coast team.
Between all that and just how sloppy the game itself was I just can’t express how discombobulating last night was for me. I’m going to pretend that it was merely an extension of spring training and that the real Opening Day is today. Greinke vs. Verlander! Santana vs. Johnson! Oswalt vs. Lincecum! Far less ridiculousness, I’m sure.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 13
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 37
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)