Apr 6, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that agents — or, at least the one agent that would allow Rosenthal to quote him — hates the deal Adam Lind signed with the Blue Jays:
“Three club options? The union hates those deals and understandably so. He should have gotten those numbers without the
options. The arbitration process rewards offensive production, and this
kid is going to produce.”
I agree it’s a very team-friendly deal, but if I were a DH these days I’d be shaking in my boots. Sure, Lind is better than Jack Cust but when it comes right down to it, anyone can hit, and with teams emphasizing defense so much more today than they did yesterday, a lot of position players are going to find themselves in the DH market going forward.
Not saying I don’t try to drive the hardest bargain possible if I’m Lind’s rep, but with the DH market, it’s a short drive.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)