Apr 6, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
The good Mr. Neyer posted his projected standings at ESPN yesterday. He has the Yankees, Twins, and Rangers winning their divisions and the Red Sox taking the wild card in the AL and the Phillies, Cardinals and Rockies taking the divisions and the Braves taking the wild card in the senior circuit.
Rob’s a lot smarter than I am when it comes to this kind of stuff so I was happy to see that he has the Phillies and Braves at 89 and 88 wins, respectively. OK, maybe picking Philly to win the division means that Rob isn’t “down” on them, but 89 and 88 wins is a tossup, and I thus feel less insecure about my Braves pick in the East. I mean, I think the Braves will win it, but I think it will be a dead heat all year.
He also has the Rockies winning the west like I do, which seems to be the minority position. He and I flip the Rays and Red Sox, but I called that pretty closely too, as does Rob.
Biggest variance: he’s got the Angels winning 80 games and coming in third in the AL West. I think that’s too low. Sadly, Rob writes a humble and self-aware disclaimer about how the Angles always prove him wrong, thereby taking all the fun out of mocking him in October when they win yet another division title.
Damn you, Rob and your Midwestern humility.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 3
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)