Apr 6, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
Lance Berkman had his right knee drained for a fifth time and received a cortisone shot on Monday, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. The 34-year-old first baseman underwent arthroscopic surgery last month, and after a series of recent setbacks, he doesn’t sound any closer to returning from the disabled list.
“My wife asked me that today and I think she’s tired of me moping around
the house,” Berkman said. “I have no idea [when I'll return]. I really
wish I could tell you an accurate prediction of when I thought I would
be ready to go. It isn’t right this second, but I’m hopeful it will be
The Astros, who were dominated by Tim Lincecum on Monday and have been held to just four hits on Tuesday thus far, will sorely miss his presence in the middle of the lineup. They’ve already went to the lengths of moving Pedro Feliz over to first base just to roll the dice with rookie Chris Johnson at third.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (70)