Apr 6, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Boo to the medical crew — and Ollie, too.
With the fans at
Citi Field in no mood to forgive and forget, plenty of boos filled the
air during yesterday’s pregame introductions. The loudest jeers
were reserved for trainers Ray Ramirez and Mike Herbst, in addition to
strength and conditioning coordinator Rick Slate and physical therapist
John Zajac. This after the Mets’ 2009 season was sabotaged by a
cavalcade of injuries.
My guess is that the people booing have absolutely no clue what trainers, strength and conditioning coordinators and physical therapists do for a living. My guess is that they can’t even spell “trainer,” “strength and conditioning coordinator,” and “physical therapist.”
One would hope that the team’s ace turning in a nice performance and the team’s leader hitting a big bomb in what turned out to be an opening day laugher will cause Mets fans to chill out a bit.
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 1
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)