Apr 6, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Boo to the medical crew — and Ollie, too.
With the fans at
Citi Field in no mood to forgive and forget, plenty of boos filled the
air during yesterday’s pregame introductions. The loudest jeers
were reserved for trainers Ray Ramirez and Mike Herbst, in addition to
strength and conditioning coordinator Rick Slate and physical therapist
John Zajac. This after the Mets’ 2009 season was sabotaged by a
cavalcade of injuries.
My guess is that the people booing have absolutely no clue what trainers, strength and conditioning coordinators and physical therapists do for a living. My guess is that they can’t even spell “trainer,” “strength and conditioning coordinator,” and “physical therapist.”
One would hope that the team’s ace turning in a nice performance and the team’s leader hitting a big bomb in what turned out to be an opening day laugher will cause Mets fans to chill out a bit.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)