Apr 6, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Boo to the medical crew — and Ollie, too.
With the fans at
Citi Field in no mood to forgive and forget, plenty of boos filled the
air during yesterday’s pregame introductions. The loudest jeers
were reserved for trainers Ray Ramirez and Mike Herbst, in addition to
strength and conditioning coordinator Rick Slate and physical therapist
John Zajac. This after the Mets’ 2009 season was sabotaged by a
cavalcade of injuries.
My guess is that the people booing have absolutely no clue what trainers, strength and conditioning coordinators and physical therapists do for a living. My guess is that they can’t even spell “trainer,” “strength and conditioning coordinator,” and “physical therapist.”
One would hope that the team’s ace turning in a nice performance and the team’s leader hitting a big bomb in what turned out to be an opening day laugher will cause Mets fans to chill out a bit.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)