Apr 6, 2010, 7:20 PM EDT
On Monday, we mentioned that Colorado closer Huston Street visited Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion on his right shoulder. Well, today, Troy Renck of the Denver Post tells us that an MRI on Street’s shoulder revealed some inflammation, but no structural damage.
While that is very positive news, Renck reports that after numerous setbacks, the Rockies plan to take it even slower with Street’s rehab. As such, he’ll continue doing shoulder strengthening exercises before even attempting to play catch again.
This pretty much takes him out of the mix for all of April, if not most of May, as well. Ultimately, it’s difficult to give a definitive timetable until Street actually goes out there and throws against live hitters again. Let’s just say that Franklin Morales will be given the opportunity to close games for a while, for better or worse.
Remember, the 26-year-old Street was signed to a three-year, $22.5 million contract extension in January.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)