Apr 7, 2010, 8:28 AM EDT
David Ortiz after last night’s game:
“(Bleep) happens. Then you guys talk (bleep). Two (bleeping) games already. (Bleepers)
are going crazy. What’s up with that, man? (Bleep). There’s (bleeping)
160 games left. Y’all (bleepers) go ahead and hit for me.”
I’m with Papi on this one. Two games is way, way too early to start in with this business. But start in the Boston media has, with story after story after story about Ortiz’s slow start, written with an apparent ignorance of the fact that, yeah, on occasion, guys go 0 for 7.
I mean sure, everyone will be and probably should be paying close attention to Ortiz’s start given what happened last year, but why not wait, oh, a week before the hand-wringing?
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39