Apr 7, 2010, 8:28 AM EDT
David Ortiz after last night’s game:
“(Bleep) happens. Then you guys talk (bleep). Two (bleeping) games already. (Bleepers)
are going crazy. What’s up with that, man? (Bleep). There’s (bleeping)
160 games left. Y’all (bleepers) go ahead and hit for me.”
I’m with Papi on this one. Two games is way, way too early to start in with this business. But start in the Boston media has, with story after story after story about Ortiz’s slow start, written with an apparent ignorance of the fact that, yeah, on occasion, guys go 0 for 7.
I mean sure, everyone will be and probably should be paying close attention to Ortiz’s start given what happened last year, but why not wait, oh, a week before the hand-wringing?
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22