Apr 7, 2010, 8:28 AM EST
David Ortiz after last night’s game:
“(Bleep) happens. Then you guys talk (bleep). Two (bleeping) games already. (Bleepers)
are going crazy. What’s up with that, man? (Bleep). There’s (bleeping)
160 games left. Y’all (bleepers) go ahead and hit for me.”
I’m with Papi on this one. Two games is way, way too early to start in with this business. But start in the Boston media has, with story after story after story about Ortiz’s slow start, written with an apparent ignorance of the fact that, yeah, on occasion, guys go 0 for 7.
I mean sure, everyone will be and probably should be paying close attention to Ortiz’s start given what happened last year, but why not wait, oh, a week before the hand-wringing?
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4