Apr 7, 2010, 8:28 AM EDT
David Ortiz after last night’s game:
“(Bleep) happens. Then you guys talk (bleep). Two (bleeping) games already. (Bleepers)
are going crazy. What’s up with that, man? (Bleep). There’s (bleeping)
160 games left. Y’all (bleepers) go ahead and hit for me.”
I’m with Papi on this one. Two games is way, way too early to start in with this business. But start in the Boston media has, with story after story after story about Ortiz’s slow start, written with an apparent ignorance of the fact that, yeah, on occasion, guys go 0 for 7.
I mean sure, everyone will be and probably should be paying close attention to Ortiz’s start given what happened last year, but why not wait, oh, a week before the hand-wringing?
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69