Apr 7, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
It seems that the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Dave O’Brien reads HardballTalk:
The Bravos and their faithful have a bonafide superstar on their hands
in the young Heymaker, J-Hey, Joltin’ Jason, the kid too big for one
I first suggested “Heymaker” as a nickname for the young Mr. Heyward yesterday, passing along the idea from Twitter follower Brad Hill. I’m assuming Brad came up with it, because I haven’t seen it anywhere else. I am quite pleased, then, to see it used in the Braves’ paper of record.
Dave: go with it! It’s the best one of the three you name because it’s not a ripoff of a clearly superior player and won’t thus be an albatross in the slight, slight chance Heyward, you know, fails to become the next Willie Mays or Joe DiMaggio.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)