Apr 8, 2010, 12:44 PM EST
Sure, the team has only played twice so far and already got Tuesday off, but with the Dodgers playing this afternoon following a game last night manager Joe Torre has given regulars Manny Ramirez, Russell Martin, Andre Ethier, Casey Blake, and Blake DeWitt the day off.
That means Reed Johnson, Brad Ausmus, Garret Anderson, Jamey Carroll, and Ronnie Belliard are all in the lineup together against the Pirates, which might seem a little unfair to starter Chad Billingsley.
1 – Rafael Furcal, SS
2 – Reed Johnson, LF
3 – Matt Kemp – CF
4 – James Loney – 1B
5 – Ronnie Belliard – 3B
6 – Garret Anderson – RF
7 – Jamey Carroll – 2B
8 – Brad Ausmus – C
Billingsley doesn’t have anything close to the best possible offense or defense behind him, but then again playing the Pirates probably cancels all of that out and if Torre was really feeling generous towards a team that’s trying to get off to an unlikely 3-0 start after not having a winning season since 1992 he’d just go ahead and spot them a few runs.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)