Apr 8, 2010, 8:43 AM EDT
The earliest possible day the Mets’ Jose Reyes could be activated is for Saturday’s game against the Nats. Based on how well his extended spring training is going, it’s looking more and more likely that, yes, he will be activated and back in the lineup that day.
“Barring setbacks,” Jerry Manuel says. Given that Reyes’ only issue after getting the greenlight on his thyroid appears to have been getting back into game shape, the only real setback I can see is if he takes up smoking or enters a chicken wing eating contest or something.
Heck, this whole thyroid thing may have even been a blessing in disguise inasmuch his legs might have benefited from the extra time off.
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 46
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 98
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (98)