Apr 8, 2010, 8:43 AM EDT
The earliest possible day the Mets’ Jose Reyes could be activated is for Saturday’s game against the Nats. Based on how well his extended spring training is going, it’s looking more and more likely that, yes, he will be activated and back in the lineup that day.
“Barring setbacks,” Jerry Manuel says. Given that Reyes’ only issue after getting the greenlight on his thyroid appears to have been getting back into game shape, the only real setback I can see is if he takes up smoking or enters a chicken wing eating contest or something.
Heck, this whole thyroid thing may have even been a blessing in disguise inasmuch his legs might have benefited from the extra time off.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)