Apr 8, 2010, 8:43 AM EST
The earliest possible day the Mets’ Jose Reyes could be activated is for Saturday’s game against the Nats. Based on how well his extended spring training is going, it’s looking more and more likely that, yes, he will be activated and back in the lineup that day.
“Barring setbacks,” Jerry Manuel says. Given that Reyes’ only issue after getting the greenlight on his thyroid appears to have been getting back into game shape, the only real setback I can see is if he takes up smoking or enters a chicken wing eating contest or something.
Heck, this whole thyroid thing may have even been a blessing in disguise inasmuch his legs might have benefited from the extra time off.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (130)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)