Apr 8, 2010, 8:43 AM EDT
The earliest possible day the Mets’ Jose Reyes could be activated is for Saturday’s game against the Nats. Based on how well his extended spring training is going, it’s looking more and more likely that, yes, he will be activated and back in the lineup that day.
“Barring setbacks,” Jerry Manuel says. Given that Reyes’ only issue after getting the greenlight on his thyroid appears to have been getting back into game shape, the only real setback I can see is if he takes up smoking or enters a chicken wing eating contest or something.
Heck, this whole thyroid thing may have even been a blessing in disguise inasmuch his legs might have benefited from the extra time off.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)