Apr 8, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Stuff I missed in the recaps this morning: both the Padres’ Kyle Blanks and the Braves’ Troy Glaus went 0 for 4 with four strikeouts last night. I always like to see the clean statistical purity of a hitless, walkless four K performance. So clean, so satisfying on a perverse level.
I’ve only witnessed the rare platinum sombrero — which is five strikeouts — once, when Pat Burrell did it against the Braves a couple of years ago. Based on how bad Troy Glaus looks in the first two games this season I’ll put even odds on him doing it before the first of May.
UPDATE: Josh Hamilton had a golden sombrero last night as well.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)