Apr 8, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Stuff I missed in the recaps this morning: both the Padres’ Kyle Blanks and the Braves’ Troy Glaus went 0 for 4 with four strikeouts last night. I always like to see the clean statistical purity of a hitless, walkless four K performance. So clean, so satisfying on a perverse level.
I’ve only witnessed the rare platinum sombrero — which is five strikeouts — once, when Pat Burrell did it against the Braves a couple of years ago. Based on how bad Troy Glaus looks in the first two games this season I’ll put even odds on him doing it before the first of May.
UPDATE: Josh Hamilton had a golden sombrero last night as well.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)