Apr 8, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
UPDATE: OK, pretty much ignore everything that follows. I didn’t read all the way to the end and thus didn’t realize that the “Manny Ramirez” The Los Angeles Time’s T.J. Simers interviewed was not, in fact, the Dodgers’ Manny Ramirez. It was a jockey who is also named Manny Ramirez who works at the race track Simers went to. Har har har.
In other news: screw T.J. Simers.
The Los Angeles Times’ T.J. Simers ran into Manny Ramirez at a race track/casino in West Virginia on the Dodgers’ off day Tuesday night. As is Simers’ habit, he asked Manny off-the-wall questions trying to get a reaction. As is Ramirez’s habit, he said whatever popped into his head with little care of regard for the politics of it all.
I tend to like both of those guys for those very reasons.
The highlights: Manny takes Jamie’s side in the McCourt divorce, he wasn’t all that into the opening game on Monday, he thinks the Giants are going to win the NL West and he hates Boston more than any other city.
I expect some people will get their panties all in a bunch about that stuff — paging the Boston media and Bill Plaschke! But given that we’re more than fifteen years into the Ramirez Experience I would hope that everyone would just let it go, ya know?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8