Apr 8, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
UPDATE: OK, pretty much ignore everything that follows. I didn’t read all the way to the end and thus didn’t realize that the “Manny Ramirez” The Los Angeles Time’s T.J. Simers interviewed was not, in fact, the Dodgers’ Manny Ramirez. It was a jockey who is also named Manny Ramirez who works at the race track Simers went to. Har har har.
In other news: screw T.J. Simers.
The Los Angeles Times’ T.J. Simers ran into Manny Ramirez at a race track/casino in West Virginia on the Dodgers’ off day Tuesday night. As is Simers’ habit, he asked Manny off-the-wall questions trying to get a reaction. As is Ramirez’s habit, he said whatever popped into his head with little care of regard for the politics of it all.
I tend to like both of those guys for those very reasons.
The highlights: Manny takes Jamie’s side in the McCourt divorce, he wasn’t all that into the opening game on Monday, he thinks the Giants are going to win the NL West and he hates Boston more than any other city.
I expect some people will get their panties all in a bunch about that stuff — paging the Boston media and Bill Plaschke! But given that we’re more than fifteen years into the Ramirez Experience I would hope that everyone would just let it go, ya know?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)