Apr 9, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
It’s the Giants home opener this afternoon, and they don’t skimp on the pageantry. For example, this pic of the opening festivities is about as baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet as you can get. And then there was the first pitch, which I missed, but which was described thusly by the Merc’s Andrew Baggarly
Jerry Rice just
threw out the Giants ceremonial first pitch to Steve Young. Then Young dropped back and heaved
it to Rice, who caught it.
The only thing that could have made that cooler is if it was Joe Montana who threw it while Steve Young waited patiently, biding his time on the sidelines.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)