Apr 9, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
It’s the Giants home opener this afternoon, and they don’t skimp on the pageantry. For example, this pic of the opening festivities is about as baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet as you can get. And then there was the first pitch, which I missed, but which was described thusly by the Merc’s Andrew Baggarly
Jerry Rice just
threw out the Giants ceremonial first pitch to Steve Young. Then Young dropped back and heaved
it to Rice, who caught it.
The only thing that could have made that cooler is if it was Joe Montana who threw it while Steve Young waited patiently, biding his time on the sidelines.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 58
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)