Apr 9, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
It’s the Giants home opener this afternoon, and they don’t skimp on the pageantry. For example, this pic of the opening festivities is about as baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet as you can get. And then there was the first pitch, which I missed, but which was described thusly by the Merc’s Andrew Baggarly
Jerry Rice just
threw out the Giants ceremonial first pitch to Steve Young. Then Young dropped back and heaved
it to Rice, who caught it.
The only thing that could have made that cooler is if it was Joe Montana who threw it while Steve Young waited patiently, biding his time on the sidelines.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)