Apr 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Remember the brawl in the U.S. Cellular Field stands at that Cub-Sox game last June? A White Sox fan named Rubin Lopez does because he was arrested, allegedly beat up by the off duty cops who served as security guards at the game and had his career as a Cook County corrections officer royally screwed because of it. Now he’s suing the White Sox and the off-duty cops in question.
The kicker: according to Lopez, his only role in the ruckus was in trying to tell the cops that the man they were arresting for starting it — a guy in a Cubs jersey — wasn’t the right guy.
The lesson: never stand up for Cubs fans. It only leads to trouble.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)