Apr 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Remember the brawl in the U.S. Cellular Field stands at that Cub-Sox game last June? A White Sox fan named Rubin Lopez does because he was arrested, allegedly beat up by the off duty cops who served as security guards at the game and had his career as a Cook County corrections officer royally screwed because of it. Now he’s suing the White Sox and the off-duty cops in question.
The kicker: according to Lopez, his only role in the ruckus was in trying to tell the cops that the man they were arresting for starting it — a guy in a Cubs jersey — wasn’t the right guy.
The lesson: never stand up for Cubs fans. It only leads to trouble.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)