Apr 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Remember the brawl in the U.S. Cellular Field stands at that Cub-Sox game last June? A White Sox fan named Rubin Lopez does because he was arrested, allegedly beat up by the off duty cops who served as security guards at the game and had his career as a Cook County corrections officer royally screwed because of it. Now he’s suing the White Sox and the off-duty cops in question.
The kicker: according to Lopez, his only role in the ruckus was in trying to tell the cops that the man they were arresting for starting it — a guy in a Cubs jersey — wasn’t the right guy.
The lesson: never stand up for Cubs fans. It only leads to trouble.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)