Apr 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Remember the brawl in the U.S. Cellular Field stands at that Cub-Sox game last June? A White Sox fan named Rubin Lopez does because he was arrested, allegedly beat up by the off duty cops who served as security guards at the game and had his career as a Cook County corrections officer royally screwed because of it. Now he’s suing the White Sox and the off-duty cops in question.
The kicker: according to Lopez, his only role in the ruckus was in trying to tell the cops that the man they were arresting for starting it — a guy in a Cubs jersey — wasn’t the right guy.
The lesson: never stand up for Cubs fans. It only leads to trouble.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20