Apr 9, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
If it wasn’t plainly obvious already, Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu made it official on Friday, telling Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times that Cliff Lee will not return from the disabled list until next month.
“Safely, I think we’re looking at, hopefully, the first week in May,”
he replied. “Again, anything before that, I don’t think he’ll be built
up and we won’t feel comfortable.”
“The quandary we’re in right now is, he feels like he can go,”
Wakamatsu said. “But the last thing we want to do is set him back at
More Jason Vargas for everyone!
On the bright side, it seems like Lee is starting to make a great deal of progress from his abdominal strain injury. The southpaw successfully completed a 25-pitch bullpen session in Arlington earlier today and is tentatively scheduled to pitch in a simulated game next Friday. He could be headed for a rehab stint shortly thereafter.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)