Apr 9, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
If it wasn’t plainly obvious already, Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu made it official on Friday, telling Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times that Cliff Lee will not return from the disabled list until next month.
“Safely, I think we’re looking at, hopefully, the first week in May,”
he replied. “Again, anything before that, I don’t think he’ll be built
up and we won’t feel comfortable.”
“The quandary we’re in right now is, he feels like he can go,”
Wakamatsu said. “But the last thing we want to do is set him back at
More Jason Vargas for everyone!
On the bright side, it seems like Lee is starting to make a great deal of progress from his abdominal strain injury. The southpaw successfully completed a 25-pitch bullpen session in Arlington earlier today and is tentatively scheduled to pitch in a simulated game next Friday. He could be headed for a rehab stint shortly thereafter.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 7
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (119)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)