Apr 9, 2010, 2:14 PM EDT
I won’t run this feature every day because, let’s face it, you can go many days in a row without finding examples of bonafide manhood, but I have one for today at least.
Brandon Inge, Detroit Tigers’ third baseman. I’m watching him in the Indians-Tigers game right now. It was 39 degrees and windy at game time and the dude’s wearing short sleeves. Reminds me of Woody Hayes. Of course, Inge also wears a jersey three sizes too big for him, so he could have a kerosene heater under there or something and we’d never know.
Just before I hit “post” he legged out an infield single, so it would have to be a light kerosene heater.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)