Apr 9, 2010, 2:14 PM EST
I won’t run this feature every day because, let’s face it, you can go many days in a row without finding examples of bonafide manhood, but I have one for today at least.
Brandon Inge, Detroit Tigers’ third baseman. I’m watching him in the Indians-Tigers game right now. It was 39 degrees and windy at game time and the dude’s wearing short sleeves. Reminds me of Woody Hayes. Of course, Inge also wears a jersey three sizes too big for him, so he could have a kerosene heater under there or something and we’d never know.
Just before I hit “post” he legged out an infield single, so it would have to be a light kerosene heater.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 9
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 18
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)