Apr 10, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka kicked off a rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday afternoon by allowing two hits over five scoreless innings. He issued one walk while hitting two batters and striking out three. He topped out at 93 mph on the radar gun, according to the Associated Press.
Dice-K was pulled after
throwing 73 pitches, though he was originally expected to throw 80-85 pitches. Despite leaving earlier than intended, Matsuzaka told Tom Layman of WEEI.com (through his interpreter) that he felt healthy and did not leave the outing due to fatigue.
“It was more technical issues,” Matsuzaka said. “I think I was trying to
be a little too fine with those pitches.”
Matsuzaka is expected to make at least two more rehab starts before possibly rejoining the Red Sox rotation later this month.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)