Apr 10, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
UPDATE: Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu tells Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times that Milton Bradley will have to learn how to deal with distractions:
“It’s tough,” Wakamatsu said. “There have been players in the past who’ve had to deal with it. I played with Barry Bonds and Barry Bonds was as good as anybody in the game at dealing with that. It’s about the club. It’s not about things that aren’t about pertaining to baseball. And that’s what we’re going to try to focus on.”
11:58 AM: With a middle finger, of course. Milton Bradley flipped the bird to fans in Arlington during the fourth inning of Friday’s 6-2 loss to the Rangers. Lookout Landing has the uncensored photo, if you think you can handle it.
Bradley was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts on Friday. He struck out swinging in the top of the fourth, so it’s safe to say he was probably being heckled by the crowd. If you are surprised by this incident, you were probably also shocked to see the sun rise this morning.
By the way, Bradley is 1-for-17 (.059) with seven strikeouts to begin his tenure with Seattle. He’s probably not a very happy guy right now. But again, I’m not sure he ever is.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)