Apr 10, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
UPDATE: Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu tells Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times that Milton Bradley will have to learn how to deal with distractions:
“It’s tough,” Wakamatsu said. “There have been players in the past who’ve had to deal with it. I played with Barry Bonds and Barry Bonds was as good as anybody in the game at dealing with that. It’s about the club. It’s not about things that aren’t about pertaining to baseball. And that’s what we’re going to try to focus on.”
11:58 AM: With a middle finger, of course. Milton Bradley flipped the bird to fans in Arlington during the fourth inning of Friday’s 6-2 loss to the Rangers. Lookout Landing has the uncensored photo, if you think you can handle it.
Bradley was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts on Friday. He struck out swinging in the top of the fourth, so it’s safe to say he was probably being heckled by the crowd. If you are surprised by this incident, you were probably also shocked to see the sun rise this morning.
By the way, Bradley is 1-for-17 (.059) with seven strikeouts to begin his tenure with Seattle. He’s probably not a very happy guy right now. But again, I’m not sure he ever is.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 38
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (186)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)