Apr 10, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
UPDATE: Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu tells Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times that Milton Bradley will have to learn how to deal with distractions:
“It’s tough,” Wakamatsu said. “There have been players in the past who’ve had to deal with it. I played with Barry Bonds and Barry Bonds was as good as anybody in the game at dealing with that. It’s about the club. It’s not about things that aren’t about pertaining to baseball. And that’s what we’re going to try to focus on.”
11:58 AM: With a middle finger, of course. Milton Bradley flipped the bird to fans in Arlington during the fourth inning of Friday’s 6-2 loss to the Rangers. Lookout Landing has the uncensored photo, if you think you can handle it.
Bradley was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts on Friday. He struck out swinging in the top of the fourth, so it’s safe to say he was probably being heckled by the crowd. If you are surprised by this incident, you were probably also shocked to see the sun rise this morning.
By the way, Bradley is 1-for-17 (.059) with seven strikeouts to begin his tenure with Seattle. He’s probably not a very happy guy right now. But again, I’m not sure he ever is.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)