Apr 10, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Brandon Webb is expected to restart his throwing program on Monday with a game of catch, according to the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro. The right-hander had a cortisone shot in his right shoulder back in late March and has been taking it easy since.
“We all want it to go faster,” D’Backs manager A.J. Hinch said Saturday. “As we’ve seen with Chris
San Diegoand Jeff Francis in , it’s a Colorado
tedious process to get back to 100 percent.”
The D’Backs are hoping Webb will be able to return by June 1, but he’s had his fair share of setbacks since undergoing shoulder surgery last year and it remains to be seen if he’ll hit his new target date.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)