Apr 10, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman left Saturday’s game against the Mets with a tight left hamstring and, according to MASN’s Ben Goessling, is expected to miss the next few games on the Nationals’ schedule.
“It’s nothing major,” Zimmerman said. “It tightened up a little bit
today. Riggs (manager Jim Riggleman) thought it’d be a better idea to
make sure we got it right earlier in the season instead of trying to
battle through it for an extended period of time. We’ll see what it
feels like tomorrow, and I’ll have a better idea then.”
Zimmerman, 25, is off to a 4-for-19 start this season with three doubles and two RBI. Willie Harris filled in at third base and could be asked to do the same on Sunday and Monday.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)