Apr 10, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman left Saturday’s game against the Mets with a tight left hamstring and, according to MASN’s Ben Goessling, is expected to miss the next few games on the Nationals’ schedule.
“It’s nothing major,” Zimmerman said. “It tightened up a little bit
today. Riggs (manager Jim Riggleman) thought it’d be a better idea to
make sure we got it right earlier in the season instead of trying to
battle through it for an extended period of time. We’ll see what it
feels like tomorrow, and I’ll have a better idea then.”
Zimmerman, 25, is off to a 4-for-19 start this season with three doubles and two RBI. Willie Harris filled in at third base and could be asked to do the same on Sunday and Monday.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17