Apr 11, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Brad Lidge was shelled for four earned runs in just two-thirds of an inning Saturday in a rehab appearance at Single-A Clearwater.
Lidge is trying to make his way back from knee and elbow issues, but was dominated by a batch of low-level minor leaguers in what can only be described as a setback. The Phillies are unlikely to activate him until he shows that he can handle himself on a minor league mound, and they surely won’t trust him with ninth-inning duties until he strings together a run of clean rehab innings.
For now, Ryan Madson will continue to close games in Philadelphia. He has one save thus far with a 3.86 ERA and 3/0 K/BB ratio in 2 1/3 innings of play.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)