Apr 11, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Brad Lidge was shelled for four earned runs in just two-thirds of an inning Saturday in a rehab appearance at Single-A Clearwater.
Lidge is trying to make his way back from knee and elbow issues, but was dominated by a batch of low-level minor leaguers in what can only be described as a setback. The Phillies are unlikely to activate him until he shows that he can handle himself on a minor league mound, and they surely won’t trust him with ninth-inning duties until he strings together a run of clean rehab innings.
For now, Ryan Madson will continue to close games in Philadelphia. He has one save thus far with a 3.86 ERA and 3/0 K/BB ratio in 2 1/3 innings of play.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 37
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 43
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)