Apr 11, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Brad Lidge was shelled for four earned runs in just two-thirds of an inning Saturday in a rehab appearance at Single-A Clearwater.
Lidge is trying to make his way back from knee and elbow issues, but was dominated by a batch of low-level minor leaguers in what can only be described as a setback. The Phillies are unlikely to activate him until he shows that he can handle himself on a minor league mound, and they surely won’t trust him with ninth-inning duties until he strings together a run of clean rehab innings.
For now, Ryan Madson will continue to close games in Philadelphia. He has one save thus far with a 3.86 ERA and 3/0 K/BB ratio in 2 1/3 innings of play.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (90)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)