Apr 11, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
UPDATE: Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says the X-rays were negative. Ellsbury only has a contusion and should be back in a few days.
6:06pm: Dan Barbarisi of the Providence Journal reports that Red Sox left fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was pulled from Sunday’s game after a collision with third baseman Adrian Beltre.
Ellsbury suffered a rib injury and will have the area X-rayed to determine if there is anything wrong structurally. He’ll be reevaluated Monday morning and we probably won’t know much about his status until then. J.D. Drew entered to play right field while Bill Hall shifted to left. Marco Scutaro’s off day was interrupted, as he had to come on and play shortstop.
Ellsbury is 10-for-30 on the season with four doubles and one RBI. He has struck out five times, but also has two stolen bases.
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 0
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)