Apr 11, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
UPDATE: Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says the X-rays were negative. Ellsbury only has a contusion and should be back in a few days.
6:06pm: Dan Barbarisi of the Providence Journal reports that Red Sox left fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was pulled from Sunday’s game after a collision with third baseman Adrian Beltre.
Ellsbury suffered a rib injury and will have the area X-rayed to determine if there is anything wrong structurally. He’ll be reevaluated Monday morning and we probably won’t know much about his status until then. J.D. Drew entered to play right field while Bill Hall shifted to left. Marco Scutaro’s off day was interrupted, as he had to come on and play shortstop.
Ellsbury is 10-for-30 on the season with four doubles and one RBI. He has struck out five times, but also has two stolen bases.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)