Apr 11, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
UPDATE: Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says the X-rays were negative. Ellsbury only has a contusion and should be back in a few days.
6:06pm: Dan Barbarisi of the Providence Journal reports that Red Sox left fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was pulled from Sunday’s game after a collision with third baseman Adrian Beltre.
Ellsbury suffered a rib injury and will have the area X-rayed to determine if there is anything wrong structurally. He’ll be reevaluated Monday morning and we probably won’t know much about his status until then. J.D. Drew entered to play right field while Bill Hall shifted to left. Marco Scutaro’s off day was interrupted, as he had to come on and play shortstop.
Ellsbury is 10-for-30 on the season with four doubles and one RBI. He has struck out five times, but also has two stolen bases.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)