Apr 11, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
UPDATE: Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says the X-rays were negative. Ellsbury only has a contusion and should be back in a few days.
6:06pm: Dan Barbarisi of the Providence Journal reports that Red Sox left fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was pulled from Sunday’s game after a collision with third baseman Adrian Beltre.
Ellsbury suffered a rib injury and will have the area X-rayed to determine if there is anything wrong structurally. He’ll be reevaluated Monday morning and we probably won’t know much about his status until then. J.D. Drew entered to play right field while Bill Hall shifted to left. Marco Scutaro’s off day was interrupted, as he had to come on and play shortstop.
Ellsbury is 10-for-30 on the season with four doubles and one RBI. He has struck out five times, but also has two stolen bases.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)