Apr 11, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
According to the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro, catcher Miguel Montero has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will need surgery.
The Diamondbacks have not revealed a recovery timetable and haven’t said when exactly the procedure will take place, but it sounds like Montero could be done for the year. Manager A.J. Hinch and Co. will be happy they hung onto Chris Snyder, who will have to man starting duties moving forward. He’s 1-for-6 thus far with a strikeout.
Montero hit .316/.366/.534 after the All-Star break last season with 11 home runs and 40 RBI in 234 at-bats. He was primed for a breakout year in 2010 and a promising fantasy sleeper according to Rotoworld’s Season Pass.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)