Apr 11, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
According to the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro, catcher Miguel Montero has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will need surgery.
The Diamondbacks have not revealed a recovery timetable and haven’t said when exactly the procedure will take place, but it sounds like Montero could be done for the year. Manager A.J. Hinch and Co. will be happy they hung onto Chris Snyder, who will have to man starting duties moving forward. He’s 1-for-6 thus far with a strikeout.
Montero hit .316/.366/.534 after the All-Star break last season with 11 home runs and 40 RBI in 234 at-bats. He was primed for a breakout year in 2010 and a promising fantasy sleeper according to Rotoworld’s Season Pass.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)