Apr 11, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
According to the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro, catcher Miguel Montero has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will need surgery.
The Diamondbacks have not revealed a recovery timetable and haven’t said when exactly the procedure will take place, but it sounds like Montero could be done for the year. Manager A.J. Hinch and Co. will be happy they hung onto Chris Snyder, who will have to man starting duties moving forward. He’s 1-for-6 thus far with a strikeout.
Montero hit .316/.366/.534 after the All-Star break last season with 11 home runs and 40 RBI in 234 at-bats. He was primed for a breakout year in 2010 and a promising fantasy sleeper according to Rotoworld’s Season Pass.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12