Apr 12, 2010, 7:15 PM EST
UPDATE: According to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com, Rollins will undergo an MRI on his right calf on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Jayson Werth, who left Monday’s game with a sore left hip, will not need an MRI exam.
3:57 PM: Jimmy Rollins was scratched from Monday’s home opener against the Nationals due to a right calf strain, reports Todd Zolecki of MLB.com.
Rollins was originally in the starting lineup, and was even introduced as such before the game, however he apparently injured his calf while warming up in the outfield. Juan Castro took the field in the top of the first inning.
There’s no word on the severity of the injury at this time. Rollins is easily one of the hottest hitters in the National League right now, batting .391 (9-for-23) with one home run, three RBI, two stolen bases and eight runs scored over the first six games of the season.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)