Apr 12, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com, Rollins will undergo an MRI on his right calf on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Jayson Werth, who left Monday’s game with a sore left hip, will not need an MRI exam.
3:57 PM: Jimmy Rollins was scratched from Monday’s home opener against the Nationals due to a right calf strain, reports Todd Zolecki of MLB.com.
Rollins was originally in the starting lineup, and was even introduced as such before the game, however he apparently injured his calf while warming up in the outfield. Juan Castro took the field in the top of the first inning.
There’s no word on the severity of the injury at this time. Rollins is easily one of the hottest hitters in the National League right now, batting .391 (9-for-23) with one home run, three RBI, two stolen bases and eight runs scored over the first six games of the season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)