Apr 12, 2010, 1:25 PM EDT
Ian O’Connor is now a columnist for ESPN New York, but who knew that he also moonlights as Madam Ruby?
So two seasons and two starts later, after knee and elbow surgeries,
after his new team choked in Year 1, collapsed in Year 2 and finished
its sixth home game of Year 3 with a lost series to the unworthy
Nationals and a 2-4 record, I asked Santana if he regretted doing
business with the Mets.
Had his water been spiked with truth
serum, his answer would’ve sounded like this: “What do you think?”
He goes on:
Yes, Santana has to be wondering what in the world he’s gotten himself
into. He’s only human. That voice in the back of his head is growing
louder, moving to the front, telling him he should’ve put his money on a
There are so many things wrong with this piece that I don’t even know where to begin, but I’m mostly struck by why he would use such a tired storyline after what was only Santana’s second start of the season. Why not save this kind of junk for the middle of the summer since O’Connor surely believes the Mets are destined for another fourth place finish, or worse?
Long story short, if O’Connor tells you that your missing bike is in the basement of The Alamo, promptly ask for your money back.
(Hat tip to MetsBlog for the link)
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)