Apr 12, 2010, 1:25 PM EDT
Ian O’Connor is now a columnist for ESPN New York, but who knew that he also moonlights as Madam Ruby?
So two seasons and two starts later, after knee and elbow surgeries,
after his new team choked in Year 1, collapsed in Year 2 and finished
its sixth home game of Year 3 with a lost series to the unworthy
Nationals and a 2-4 record, I asked Santana if he regretted doing
business with the Mets.
Had his water been spiked with truth
serum, his answer would’ve sounded like this: “What do you think?”
He goes on:
Yes, Santana has to be wondering what in the world he’s gotten himself
into. He’s only human. That voice in the back of his head is growing
louder, moving to the front, telling him he should’ve put his money on a
There are so many things wrong with this piece that I don’t even know where to begin, but I’m mostly struck by why he would use such a tired storyline after what was only Santana’s second start of the season. Why not save this kind of junk for the middle of the summer since O’Connor surely believes the Mets are destined for another fourth place finish, or worse?
Long story short, if O’Connor tells you that your missing bike is in the basement of The Alamo, promptly ask for your money back.
(Hat tip to MetsBlog for the link)
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)