Apr 12, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
Since the Detroit broadcast team is my third least favorite from the 30 clubs and the Royals team is just blandly generic, I’ve now been subjected at least three times today to the fact that Jason Kendall has hit in every game this season.
Yeah, Jason Kendall. It’s mind-blowing.
So I check, and it’s the truth: Kendall has opened the season with a seven-game hitting streak.
Also true: Kendall has exactly one hit in all seven games. He’s yet to knock in a run. He’s yet to score a run. He does have three walks, so he actually is off to a decent start. But I’m pretty sure no one would care about that if he had two hits Saturday and none Sunday.
No, I’m not a big fan of hitting streaks.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)