Apr 12, 2010, 9:45 PM EST
After the Twins’ win over the Red Sox this afternoon Joe Mauer was asked by a Boston newspaper writer if he gave any thought to playing for a “big market” team before inking an eight-year, $184 million contract extension with the Twins last month.
His straightforward response made me smile: “I didn’t wanna go anywhere, that’s why I signed.”
Having Mauer in Minnesota through 2018 is pretty damn nice for Twins fans, but almost as nice is not having to hear about the Yankees and Red Sox lusting after him during his walk year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)