Apr 12, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
We’ve had a rash of injury updates today. Here’s another one, via Carrie Muskat of MLB.com. Derrek Lee underwent precautionary X-rays on his right thumb after leaving Monday’s home opener against the Brewers.
“[Lee] hit a ball that jarred his finger a little bit so we got him out
of the ballgame,” Cubs manager Lou Piniella said. “He had some swelling
Lee originally suffered the injury last Wednesday against the Braves when he jammed his thumb into second base on a slide. Fortunately, the results were negative and he is currently listed as day-to-day.
The 34-year-old first baseman is 8-for-22 (.364) with one home run and four RBI to begin the new season. He just entered the final year of a five-year, $65 million extension with Chicago.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)