Apr 13, 2010, 7:32 PM EST
The Phillies will decide on Wednesday whether Jimmy Rollins will require a stint on the disabled list. Rollins was a late scratch from Monday’s home opener against the Nationals due to a right calf strain.
Here’s the statement released by general manager Ruben Amaro Jr, via Todd Zolecki of MLB.com:
“Jimmy had an MRI at 2:00 this afternoon. We are reviewing the results
of the MRI and will decide on Jimmy’s status sometime tomorrow when we
have the opportunity to meet as a group.”
Odds are he’ll go to the disabled list, especially with word that he has a Grade 2 strain. Juan Castro will likely draw the majority of starts in his absence, but the Phillies could elect to recall Brian Bocock or purchase the contract of Wilson Valdez. Any way you slice it, the Phillies just found their new No. 8 hitter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)