Apr 13, 2010, 9:17 PM EST
UPDATE: Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic writes that there has been “very little recent dialogue” between the Diamondbacks and Mateo, concluding that there are “no indications” that a signing is imminent.
8:36 PM: According to Melissa Segura of SI.com, the Diamondbacks will sign 17-year-old Dominican outfielder Wagner Mateo by the end of the month.
We haven’t heard much about Mateo lately. Of course, the Cardinals inked him to a historic $3.1 million signing bonus last July, however the agreement was voided after concerns were raised about the vision in his right eye during a physical.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 62
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)