Apr 13, 2010, 9:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic writes that there has been “very little recent dialogue” between the Diamondbacks and Mateo, concluding that there are “no indications” that a signing is imminent.
8:36 PM: According to Melissa Segura of SI.com, the Diamondbacks will sign 17-year-old Dominican outfielder Wagner Mateo by the end of the month.
We haven’t heard much about Mateo lately. Of course, the Cardinals inked him to a historic $3.1 million signing bonus last July, however the agreement was voided after concerns were raised about the vision in his right eye during a physical.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29