Apr 13, 2010, 9:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic writes that there has been “very little recent dialogue” between the Diamondbacks and Mateo, concluding that there are “no indications” that a signing is imminent.
8:36 PM: According to Melissa Segura of SI.com, the Diamondbacks will sign 17-year-old Dominican outfielder Wagner Mateo by the end of the month.
We haven’t heard much about Mateo lately. Of course, the Cardinals inked him to a historic $3.1 million signing bonus last July, however the agreement was voided after concerns were raised about the vision in his right eye during a physical.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)