Apr 13, 2010, 9:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic writes that there has been “very little recent dialogue” between the Diamondbacks and Mateo, concluding that there are “no indications” that a signing is imminent.
8:36 PM: According to Melissa Segura of SI.com, the Diamondbacks will sign 17-year-old Dominican outfielder Wagner Mateo by the end of the month.
We haven’t heard much about Mateo lately. Of course, the Cardinals inked him to a historic $3.1 million signing bonus last July, however the agreement was voided after concerns were raised about the vision in his right eye during a physical.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)