Apr 14, 2010, 8:13 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo caught up with Carlos Delgado, who says he’d still like to play this season after completing rehab on his still-wonky hip.
Based on all the reports we saw from winter ball, however, Delgado simply can’t move around enough to play defense, and as we’ve seen everywhere, the market for designated hitters is nearly non-existent.
Given that (a) the Mets didn’t give Delgado much beyond a sniff this past winter; and (b) Ike Davis is poised to take over at first, the likelihood of Delgado getting another job in the major leagues is functionally zero and dropping quickly.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)