Apr 14, 2010, 8:13 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo caught up with Carlos Delgado, who says he’d still like to play this season after completing rehab on his still-wonky hip.
Based on all the reports we saw from winter ball, however, Delgado simply can’t move around enough to play defense, and as we’ve seen everywhere, the market for designated hitters is nearly non-existent.
Given that (a) the Mets didn’t give Delgado much beyond a sniff this past winter; and (b) Ike Davis is poised to take over at first, the likelihood of Delgado getting another job in the major leagues is functionally zero and dropping quickly.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)