Apr 14, 2010, 8:13 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo caught up with Carlos Delgado, who says he’d still like to play this season after completing rehab on his still-wonky hip.
Based on all the reports we saw from winter ball, however, Delgado simply can’t move around enough to play defense, and as we’ve seen everywhere, the market for designated hitters is nearly non-existent.
Given that (a) the Mets didn’t give Delgado much beyond a sniff this past winter; and (b) Ike Davis is poised to take over at first, the likelihood of Delgado getting another job in the major leagues is functionally zero and dropping quickly.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)