Apr 14, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Last week C.J. Wilson tossed seven shutout innings in his first start since way back in 2005, but his follow-up effort will have to wait thanks to food poisoning.
Wilson has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled outing against the Indians, with Colby Lewis moving up in the rotation to take his place in Cleveland. Because of Tuesday’s off day Lewis will still be working on standard rest.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that “it’s not considered serious and Wilson should pitch in the next few days,” so perhaps he’ll simply slide back into Lewis’ old spot tomorrow.
Another option is Matt Harrison moving up from Friday to tomorrow, with Wilson taking his place Friday versus CC Sabathia and the Yankees in New York. If that happens, the food poisoning could hurt Wilson’s stomach and his ERA.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)