Apr 14, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Last week C.J. Wilson tossed seven shutout innings in his first start since way back in 2005, but his follow-up effort will have to wait thanks to food poisoning.
Wilson has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled outing against the Indians, with Colby Lewis moving up in the rotation to take his place in Cleveland. Because of Tuesday’s off day Lewis will still be working on standard rest.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that “it’s not considered serious and Wilson should pitch in the next few days,” so perhaps he’ll simply slide back into Lewis’ old spot tomorrow.
Another option is Matt Harrison moving up from Friday to tomorrow, with Wilson taking his place Friday versus CC Sabathia and the Yankees in New York. If that happens, the food poisoning could hurt Wilson’s stomach and his ERA.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)