Apr 14, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Last week C.J. Wilson tossed seven shutout innings in his first start since way back in 2005, but his follow-up effort will have to wait thanks to food poisoning.
Wilson has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled outing against the Indians, with Colby Lewis moving up in the rotation to take his place in Cleveland. Because of Tuesday’s off day Lewis will still be working on standard rest.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that “it’s not considered serious and Wilson should pitch in the next few days,” so perhaps he’ll simply slide back into Lewis’ old spot tomorrow.
Another option is Matt Harrison moving up from Friday to tomorrow, with Wilson taking his place Friday versus CC Sabathia and the Yankees in New York. If that happens, the food poisoning could hurt Wilson’s stomach and his ERA.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 22
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 48
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)