Apr 14, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Last week C.J. Wilson tossed seven shutout innings in his first start since way back in 2005, but his follow-up effort will have to wait thanks to food poisoning.
Wilson has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled outing against the Indians, with Colby Lewis moving up in the rotation to take his place in Cleveland. Because of Tuesday’s off day Lewis will still be working on standard rest.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that “it’s not considered serious and Wilson should pitch in the next few days,” so perhaps he’ll simply slide back into Lewis’ old spot tomorrow.
Another option is Matt Harrison moving up from Friday to tomorrow, with Wilson taking his place Friday versus CC Sabathia and the Yankees in New York. If that happens, the food poisoning could hurt Wilson’s stomach and his ERA.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 66
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 25
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 95
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)