Apr 14, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
There was hope that with yesteday’s off-day, Jacoby Ellsbury’s ribs would heal enough that he could come back and play today and/or tomorrow against the Twins, but Pete Abraham is reporting that it’s not going to happen. Ellsbury is still sore, so Francona is going to hold him out until Friday’s home game against the Rays in all likelihood.
And there was much rejoicing throughout Jeremy Hermida Nation.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (219)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)