Apr 14, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
There was hope that with yesteday’s off-day, Jacoby Ellsbury’s ribs would heal enough that he could come back and play today and/or tomorrow against the Twins, but Pete Abraham is reporting that it’s not going to happen. Ellsbury is still sore, so Francona is going to hold him out until Friday’s home game against the Rays in all likelihood.
And there was much rejoicing throughout Jeremy Hermida Nation.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)