Apr 14, 2010, 10:39 AM EST
Jerry Manuel, when asked about whether John Maine will remain in the Mets’ rotation after last night’s debacle said “I think those things we have to talk about.”
You know what would also be worth talking about? Why Jenrry Mejia is pitching mop-up duty in meaningless game in what is already looking like a lost season — like he did last night — as opposed to starting games in Buffalo or Binghamton so he can be stretched out and prepared to take the place of tomato cans like John Maine once this team decides to build for the future rather than wallow in the denial of its present.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)