Apr 14, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT
The Athletics’ Kurt Suzuki made the defense play of the year, catchers’ division, in last night’s loss to the Mariners. Check it out here.
Catching the ball would have been highlight enough. The fact that he caught it, stayed on his feet, saw Chone Figgins running and then threw a perfect strike down to Kouzmanoff at third made it nothing short of spectacular.
I caught when I played Babe Ruth baseball when I was 15. I wouldn’t have been able to run back to the backstop, pick up the ball I missed by 5 feet, and then run back to the plate before the runner at second was back in the dugout after having scored, gotten a drink and found his glove for the next half inning.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)