Apr 14, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen has a contract to manage the Chicago White Sox through the 2012 season. But he knows that a manager’s job is always tenuous.
So what happens if he gets fired? He’s already contemplating the possibility, according to the Chicago Tribune, and has no problem with the idea of being a future retread manager.
“There are a lot of horse(bleep) managers out there that are given two and three shots to manage in the big leagues,” Guillen said Tuesday. “I don’t see why not me.”
Guillen reluctantly pointed out that Manny Acta was fired after 2 1/2 losing seasons in Washington but got two offers last winter to manage until he selected Cleveland.
“Why can’t I get another chance with another team?” Guillen said. “Am I going to keep on doing it? Well, I have to see what is going on.”
It seems a little early in the season for Ozzie to be talking about getting canned. Not sure what’s going on in that head of his (who does?), but I certainly hope he’s not starting to listen to Jay Mariotti.
But I have to agree with him on this one. If Guillen does get fired, he should get another chance. He’d make a heckuva lot more interesting horse(bleep), retread manager than, say, Mike Hargrove or Jim Riggleman.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)