Apr 14, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen has a contract to manage the Chicago White Sox through the 2012 season. But he knows that a manager’s job is always tenuous.
So what happens if he gets fired? He’s already contemplating the possibility, according to the Chicago Tribune, and has no problem with the idea of being a future retread manager.
“There are a lot of horse(bleep) managers out there that are given two and three shots to manage in the big leagues,” Guillen said Tuesday. “I don’t see why not me.”
Guillen reluctantly pointed out that Manny Acta was fired after 2 1/2 losing seasons in Washington but got two offers last winter to manage until he selected Cleveland.
“Why can’t I get another chance with another team?” Guillen said. “Am I going to keep on doing it? Well, I have to see what is going on.”
It seems a little early in the season for Ozzie to be talking about getting canned. Not sure what’s going on in that head of his (who does?), but I certainly hope he’s not starting to listen to Jay Mariotti.
But I have to agree with him on this one. If Guillen does get fired, he should get another chance. He’d make a heckuva lot more interesting horse(bleep), retread manager than, say, Mike Hargrove or Jim Riggleman.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 52
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 16
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 7
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 75
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (75)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement