Apr 14, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
Ozzie Guillen has a contract to manage the Chicago White Sox through the 2012 season. But he knows that a manager’s job is always tenuous.
So what happens if he gets fired? He’s already contemplating the possibility, according to the Chicago Tribune, and has no problem with the idea of being a future retread manager.
“There are a lot of horse(bleep) managers out there that are given two and three shots to manage in the big leagues,” Guillen said Tuesday. “I don’t see why not me.”
Guillen reluctantly pointed out that Manny Acta was fired after 2 1/2 losing seasons in Washington but got two offers last winter to manage until he selected Cleveland.
“Why can’t I get another chance with another team?” Guillen said. “Am I going to keep on doing it? Well, I have to see what is going on.”
It seems a little early in the season for Ozzie to be talking about getting canned. Not sure what’s going on in that head of his (who does?), but I certainly hope he’s not starting to listen to Jay Mariotti.
But I have to agree with him on this one. If Guillen does get fired, he should get another chance. He’d make a heckuva lot more interesting horse(bleep), retread manager than, say, Mike Hargrove or Jim Riggleman.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)