Apr 15, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: We now know what the Giants are getting in return: a player to be named later or cash, according to Schulman.
UPDATE, 9:39pm: Schulman says Lewis is now confirming the report via his own Facebook page. He’s headed to Toronto.
8:56pm: According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, a trade between the Giants and Blue Jays involving outfielder Fred Lewis “seems imminent.”
Schulman has heard whispers from sources and believes the trade makes sense for various reasons.
He’s right. The Blue Jays could use a speedy, reliable utility outfielder and Lewis should do well on the Rogers Centre turf. He never really got comfortable in San Fran, and even asked for a trade at one point last year. But he was fairly reliable at the plate, batting .258/.348/.390 with four home runs, 20 RBI and eight stolen bases in 295 at-bats, and can cover ground in the outfield. A change of scenery might do him some good.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (74)