Apr 15, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: We now know what the Giants are getting in return: a player to be named later or cash, according to Schulman.
UPDATE, 9:39pm: Schulman says Lewis is now confirming the report via his own Facebook page. He’s headed to Toronto.
8:56pm: According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, a trade between the Giants and Blue Jays involving outfielder Fred Lewis “seems imminent.”
Schulman has heard whispers from sources and believes the trade makes sense for various reasons.
He’s right. The Blue Jays could use a speedy, reliable utility outfielder and Lewis should do well on the Rogers Centre turf. He never really got comfortable in San Fran, and even asked for a trade at one point last year. But he was fairly reliable at the plate, batting .258/.348/.390 with four home runs, 20 RBI and eight stolen bases in 295 at-bats, and can cover ground in the outfield. A change of scenery might do him some good.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona