Apr 15, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
For the second post in a row I mean this quite literally: The Tribe took two hours, three minutes to beat the Rangers this afternoon. I had the game on in the background and was kind of ignoring it for a while. I had plans to settle into it, oh, about 25 minutes ago, looked up and it was the eighth inning. We’ve talked about game length today, and I agree that quicker is better, but this was rather ridiculous.
David Huff pitched this one for Cleveland. It was a complete game in which he gave up two runs on four hits. I’ve used this joke a dozen times since he came up, but he finished this game in a minute and a huff (go to the one minute mark here if you’re lost). All the runs in the game were scored on two home runs: a two-run job by Michael Young for Texas and a three-run shot for Shin-Soo Choo in the eighth for Cleveland.
I had just missed the Choo homer. I was going to wait for the replay to see it again but found it faster to simply watch the whole game again in its entirely.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (104)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)