Apr 15, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
For the second post in a row I mean this quite literally: The Tribe took two hours, three minutes to beat the Rangers this afternoon. I had the game on in the background and was kind of ignoring it for a while. I had plans to settle into it, oh, about 25 minutes ago, looked up and it was the eighth inning. We’ve talked about game length today, and I agree that quicker is better, but this was rather ridiculous.
David Huff pitched this one for Cleveland. It was a complete game in which he gave up two runs on four hits. I’ve used this joke a dozen times since he came up, but he finished this game in a minute and a huff (go to the one minute mark here if you’re lost). All the runs in the game were scored on two home runs: a two-run job by Michael Young for Texas and a three-run shot for Shin-Soo Choo in the eighth for Cleveland.
I had just missed the Choo homer. I was going to wait for the replay to see it again but found it faster to simply watch the whole game again in its entirely.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)