Apr 15, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
For the second post in a row I mean this quite literally: The Tribe took two hours, three minutes to beat the Rangers this afternoon. I had the game on in the background and was kind of ignoring it for a while. I had plans to settle into it, oh, about 25 minutes ago, looked up and it was the eighth inning. We’ve talked about game length today, and I agree that quicker is better, but this was rather ridiculous.
David Huff pitched this one for Cleveland. It was a complete game in which he gave up two runs on four hits. I’ve used this joke a dozen times since he came up, but he finished this game in a minute and a huff (go to the one minute mark here if you’re lost). All the runs in the game were scored on two home runs: a two-run job by Michael Young for Texas and a three-run shot for Shin-Soo Choo in the eighth for Cleveland.
I had just missed the Choo homer. I was going to wait for the replay to see it again but found it faster to simply watch the whole game again in its entirely.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)