Apr 15, 2010, 2:29 PM EST
For the second post in a row I mean this quite literally: The Tribe took two hours, three minutes to beat the Rangers this afternoon. I had the game on in the background and was kind of ignoring it for a while. I had plans to settle into it, oh, about 25 minutes ago, looked up and it was the eighth inning. We’ve talked about game length today, and I agree that quicker is better, but this was rather ridiculous.
David Huff pitched this one for Cleveland. It was a complete game in which he gave up two runs on four hits. I’ve used this joke a dozen times since he came up, but he finished this game in a minute and a huff (go to the one minute mark here if you’re lost). All the runs in the game were scored on two home runs: a two-run job by Michael Young for Texas and a three-run shot for Shin-Soo Choo in the eighth for Cleveland.
I had just missed the Choo homer. I was going to wait for the replay to see it again but found it faster to simply watch the whole game again in its entirely.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)