Apr 15, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
For the second post in a row I mean this quite literally: The Tribe took two hours, three minutes to beat the Rangers this afternoon. I had the game on in the background and was kind of ignoring it for a while. I had plans to settle into it, oh, about 25 minutes ago, looked up and it was the eighth inning. We’ve talked about game length today, and I agree that quicker is better, but this was rather ridiculous.
David Huff pitched this one for Cleveland. It was a complete game in which he gave up two runs on four hits. I’ve used this joke a dozen times since he came up, but he finished this game in a minute and a huff (go to the one minute mark here if you’re lost). All the runs in the game were scored on two home runs: a two-run job by Michael Young for Texas and a three-run shot for Shin-Soo Choo in the eighth for Cleveland.
I had just missed the Choo homer. I was going to wait for the replay to see it again but found it faster to simply watch the whole game again in its entirely.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 8
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 55
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)