Your team is toast

Apr 15, 2010, 2:14 PM EDT

Quite literally, courtesy of an entrepreneur named Josh Fink:

Starting in May, Pangea will roll out ProToast,
a line of toasters – available in every team from the four major sports
– that pops out with the teams logo burned into it. “Our motto is ‘Toast
Your Team,
‘” Fink says.

Fink has big plans for the toast market. He’s working on coming up
with FDA-approved magic markers so that kids can color their toast and a
collegiate logo toast product, called UToast, will hit stores in the
fall.

I’ve probably written between 5,000 and 10,000 posts since I started blogging in earnest a few years ago, so I forget a lot of things I’ve written. There’s something in the back of my mind telling me I’ve blogged about this toaster thing before, but  I searched and searched for this one in the various archives of the places I’ve blogged and I couldn’t find it. Maybe it was just a dream and my failure to turn this dream into a reality means I’ve missed my best chance at riches. Alas.

Anyway, I think that the real market for this thing will be for people to buy the logo toasters of their team’s rivals, make bunches and bunches of toast with it, and then use it for taunting purposes at games, not unlike people who bring in the brooms for sweeps or something.  “The Dodgers are toast,” Giants fans will be saying, quite literally. Jolly clever, that.

(thanks to Pete Toms for the link)

1. (Not That) Tom - Apr 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM

If a Yankees toaster pops out slightly-burnt toast, Yankees fans will boo the toaster.
    If you are not a toast fan, you cannot relate.

2. gumbercules - Apr 15, 2010 at 2:26 PM

There’s a toast market?

3. James - Apr 15, 2010 at 2:43 PM

They should make them all with Astros’ logos.

4. Church of the Perpetually Outraged - Apr 15, 2010 at 2:45 PM

well done!

5. Ryan - Apr 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I can’t wait to find out the price.

6. Josh in DC - Apr 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Friends of mine, who are Ohio State alumni, have an Ohio State floormat. I pointed out that they should have a Michigan floor mat instead. They disagreed.

7. Ben - Apr 15, 2010 at 3:42 PM

You know, we need to make this into an Internet meme. Just think of the possibilities!

8. G2 - Apr 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Craig- maybe you’re thinking about the team-branded coffins.

9. Andy L - Apr 15, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Yeah, I have no recollection of you writing about this.

10. The Rabbit - Apr 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Thanks, Craig. My kid’s (a suffering Mets fan) birthday is next week and I think this might be the perfect gift in addition to the two ballgames in KC we are going to see next weekend.

11. Ken Arneson - Apr 15, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Hey, I’ve got an unused domain name they might want to buy from me.
    Sincerly,
    Ken Arneson
    BaseballToaster.com

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. R. Castillo (3324)