Apr 15, 2010, 2:14 PM EDT
Quite literally, courtesy of an entrepreneur named Josh Fink:
Starting in May, Pangea will roll out ProToast,
a line of toasters – available in every team from the four major sports
- that pops out with the teams logo burned into it. “Our motto is ‘Toast
Your Team,‘” Fink says.
Fink has big plans for the toast market. He’s working on coming up
with FDA-approved magic markers so that kids can color their toast and a
collegiate logo toast product, called UToast, will hit stores in the
I’ve probably written between 5,000 and 10,000 posts since I started blogging in earnest a few years ago, so I forget a lot of things I’ve written. There’s something in the back of my mind telling me I’ve blogged about this toaster thing before, but I searched and searched for this one in the various archives of the places I’ve blogged and I couldn’t find it. Maybe it was just a dream and my failure to turn this dream into a reality means I’ve missed my best chance at riches. Alas.
Anyway, I think that the real market for this thing will be for people to buy the logo toasters of their team’s rivals, make bunches and bunches of toast with it, and then use it for taunting purposes at games, not unlike people who bring in the brooms for sweeps or something. “The Dodgers are toast,” Giants fans will be saying, quite literally. Jolly clever, that.
(thanks to Pete Toms for the link)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)