Apr 16, 2010, 8:43 AM EST
Yankees fans could boo Mariano Rivera and ignore choking rabbi’s wives and they still wouldn’t be as bad as this guy at the Phillies game Wednesday night:
Police arrested a Cherry Hill man after he was accused of intentionally
vomiting on a young girl at the Phillies game Wednesday evening.
I’m not going to go to the mat to defend this guy, but the “intentional” part of this doesn’t pass the smell test. He sounds like he was drunk and stupid and should have totally been arrested for disorderly conduct and what have you, but I’m having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of anyone, even the worst of the worst college-age drunks, intentionally trying to throw up on an 11 year-old girl.
My guess: he picked the wrong 11 year-old girl to get sick on. One with a father who made quite a compelling case to the cops about the intentions of the drunk, and everyone decided to go with it.
Not that I necessarily blame them for doing so.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)