Apr 16, 2010, 8:43 AM EST
Yankees fans could boo Mariano Rivera and ignore choking rabbi’s wives and they still wouldn’t be as bad as this guy at the Phillies game Wednesday night:
Police arrested a Cherry Hill man after he was accused of intentionally
vomiting on a young girl at the Phillies game Wednesday evening.
I’m not going to go to the mat to defend this guy, but the “intentional” part of this doesn’t pass the smell test. He sounds like he was drunk and stupid and should have totally been arrested for disorderly conduct and what have you, but I’m having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of anyone, even the worst of the worst college-age drunks, intentionally trying to throw up on an 11 year-old girl.
My guess: he picked the wrong 11 year-old girl to get sick on. One with a father who made quite a compelling case to the cops about the intentions of the drunk, and everyone decided to go with it.
Not that I necessarily blame them for doing so.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 40
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 15
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)