Apr 16, 2010, 8:43 AM EDT
Yankees fans could boo Mariano Rivera and ignore choking rabbi’s wives and they still wouldn’t be as bad as this guy at the Phillies game Wednesday night:
Police arrested a Cherry Hill man after he was accused of intentionally
vomiting on a young girl at the Phillies game Wednesday evening.
I’m not going to go to the mat to defend this guy, but the “intentional” part of this doesn’t pass the smell test. He sounds like he was drunk and stupid and should have totally been arrested for disorderly conduct and what have you, but I’m having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of anyone, even the worst of the worst college-age drunks, intentionally trying to throw up on an 11 year-old girl.
My guess: he picked the wrong 11 year-old girl to get sick on. One with a father who made quite a compelling case to the cops about the intentions of the drunk, and everyone decided to go with it.
Not that I necessarily blame them for doing so.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 13
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)