Apr 16, 2010, 8:43 AM EDT
Yankees fans could boo Mariano Rivera and ignore choking rabbi’s wives and they still wouldn’t be as bad as this guy at the Phillies game Wednesday night:
Police arrested a Cherry Hill man after he was accused of intentionally
vomiting on a young girl at the Phillies game Wednesday evening.
I’m not going to go to the mat to defend this guy, but the “intentional” part of this doesn’t pass the smell test. He sounds like he was drunk and stupid and should have totally been arrested for disorderly conduct and what have you, but I’m having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of anyone, even the worst of the worst college-age drunks, intentionally trying to throw up on an 11 year-old girl.
My guess: he picked the wrong 11 year-old girl to get sick on. One with a father who made quite a compelling case to the cops about the intentions of the drunk, and everyone decided to go with it.
Not that I necessarily blame them for doing so.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)