Apr 16, 2010, 8:43 AM EDT
Yankees fans could boo Mariano Rivera and ignore choking rabbi’s wives and they still wouldn’t be as bad as this guy at the Phillies game Wednesday night:
Police arrested a Cherry Hill man after he was accused of intentionally
vomiting on a young girl at the Phillies game Wednesday evening.
I’m not going to go to the mat to defend this guy, but the “intentional” part of this doesn’t pass the smell test. He sounds like he was drunk and stupid and should have totally been arrested for disorderly conduct and what have you, but I’m having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of anyone, even the worst of the worst college-age drunks, intentionally trying to throw up on an 11 year-old girl.
My guess: he picked the wrong 11 year-old girl to get sick on. One with a father who made quite a compelling case to the cops about the intentions of the drunk, and everyone decided to go with it.
Not that I necessarily blame them for doing so.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)