Drunk charged with intentionally throwing up on little girl at Phillies game

Apr 16, 2010, 8:43 AM EDT

Yankees fans could boo Mariano Rivera and ignore choking rabbi’s wives and they still wouldn’t be as bad as this guy at the Phillies game Wednesday night:

Police arrested a Cherry Hill man after he was accused of intentionally
vomiting on a young girl at the Phillies game Wednesday evening.

I’m not going to go to the mat to defend this guy, but the “intentional” part of this doesn’t pass the smell test. He sounds like he was drunk and stupid and should have totally been arrested for disorderly conduct and what have you, but I’m having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of anyone, even the worst of the worst college-age drunks, intentionally trying to throw up on an 11 year-old girl.

My guess: he picked the wrong 11 year-old girl to get sick on. One with a father who made quite a compelling case to the cops about the intentions of the drunk, and everyone decided to go with it.

Not that I necessarily blame them for doing so.

1. JudyJ - Apr 16, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Oh, how disgusting. Don’t ever tell me the fans in Philly aren’t disgusting and rude. And you think Yankee fans are bad.

2. Utley's hair - Apr 16, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I won’t tell you that fans in Philly aren’t disgusting and rude. I’ve seen Yankee fans in the Philly area that are quite disgusting and rude.

3. Old Gator - Apr 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I keep trying to find Feesh management’s behavior hard to believe but I’ve had too many crude awakenings to have much optimism left. If I found out that Scrooge McLoria’s will requires him to be interred somewhere in the foundations of that Albert Speeresque structure currently rising like Caltiki out of the detritus of fringe downtown Macondo known to correspondents of these blogs as Banana Massacre Field, cryogenically preserved (natron is hard to come by these days, and coal tar probably more than McLoria would pay anyhow) and dissected and neatly sorted into canopic jars like some wizened little Cheops with all his paintings and all of the current members of the team to guide him through the underworld it wouldn’t surprise me either. That horrible song would be the least of it – and I suspect if you played it backwards it would drone “the Feesh are dead.”

4. Mrdontstickufootinyomouth - Apr 19, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Agree with pummeling the jerk. But the real reason is he is by nature of being a captin and an experienced officer to think a little more cool headed and rationally. Put his kids saftey and best interest first. Provoking could of caused a possibility of his daughters getting hurt more in a malae if he turned and went at him. Remember jerk(s) were above them. He had a seat and a step and back turned, a big disadvantage. Also even the father cop said he would of love to deck him but, the safety and possibility of him also raging and he himself may have then gone to jail, leaving his kids somewhat alone stranded or seperated for sometime until it would of been straightened out, when they traveled a ways to game. Not a fun situation to see their cop father who protects people get hauled off to jail. Diffuse first, protect, fight last resort. Craig get your facts straight first, quit jumping to your own conclusions out loud, you have basically victimized these kids and father even more, last article and visit to this site you puke.

5. MrSSFIY - Apr 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Rays Fan I understand Why you (and I )would probably pummel
    the jerk and also end up in jail. But the real reason he did not,
    is he is by nature of being a captain and an experienced officer to think a little more cool headed and rationally. Put his kids saftey and best interest first. Provoking could of caused a possibility of his daughters getting hurt more in a malae if he turned and went at him. Remember jerk(s) were above them. He had a seat and a step and back turned, a big disadvantage. Also even the father cop said he would of love to deck him but, the safety and possibility of him also raging and he himself may have then gone to jail, leaving his kids somewhat alone stranded or seperated for sometime until it would of been straightened out, when they traveled a ways to game. Not a fun situation to see their cop father who protects people get hauled off to jail. Diffuse first, protect, fight last resort. Craig get your facts straight first, quit jumping to your own conclusions out loud, you have basically victimized these kids and father even more, last article and visit to this site you puke

6. Lily - Apr 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM

That is just really dumb that a drunk guy would do that! My dad told me about it! GROSS!

Pitching vs. history in NL wild card game
  1. D. Jeter (2995)