Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 AM EDT
UPDATE: Mike Cameron’s agent has confirmed that it’s kidney stones. He’s day-to-day, and will be reevaluated this afternoon.
Yesterday Mike Cameron was scratched with a sore abdomen, and it was thought initially that it was a muscle strain. Later he was taken to a hospital for tests because it was feared that he had appendicitis. Pete Abe of the Globe reports this morning that that’s not the problem either.
The concern now: kidney stones. Which I don’t wish on anyone on the planet. Either way, I can’t see Cameron playing for a few days. Those things will throw you for a loop.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 0
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 28
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)