Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 AM EDT
UPDATE: Mike Cameron’s agent has confirmed that it’s kidney stones. He’s day-to-day, and will be reevaluated this afternoon.
Yesterday Mike Cameron was scratched with a sore abdomen, and it was thought initially that it was a muscle strain. Later he was taken to a hospital for tests because it was feared that he had appendicitis. Pete Abe of the Globe reports this morning that that’s not the problem either.
The concern now: kidney stones. Which I don’t wish on anyone on the planet. Either way, I can’t see Cameron playing for a few days. Those things will throw you for a loop.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)