Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 AM EST
UPDATE: Mike Cameron’s agent has confirmed that it’s kidney stones. He’s day-to-day, and will be reevaluated this afternoon.
Yesterday Mike Cameron was scratched with a sore abdomen, and it was thought initially that it was a muscle strain. Later he was taken to a hospital for tests because it was feared that he had appendicitis. Pete Abe of the Globe reports this morning that that’s not the problem either.
The concern now: kidney stones. Which I don’t wish on anyone on the planet. Either way, I can’t see Cameron playing for a few days. Those things will throw you for a loop.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 0
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 23
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 79
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)