Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 AM EST
UPDATE: Mike Cameron’s agent has confirmed that it’s kidney stones. He’s day-to-day, and will be reevaluated this afternoon.
Yesterday Mike Cameron was scratched with a sore abdomen, and it was thought initially that it was a muscle strain. Later he was taken to a hospital for tests because it was feared that he had appendicitis. Pete Abe of the Globe reports this morning that that’s not the problem either.
The concern now: kidney stones. Which I don’t wish on anyone on the planet. Either way, I can’t see Cameron playing for a few days. Those things will throw you for a loop.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)