Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 AM EST
UPDATE: Mike Cameron’s agent has confirmed that it’s kidney stones. He’s day-to-day, and will be reevaluated this afternoon.
Yesterday Mike Cameron was scratched with a sore abdomen, and it was thought initially that it was a muscle strain. Later he was taken to a hospital for tests because it was feared that he had appendicitis. Pete Abe of the Globe reports this morning that that’s not the problem either.
The concern now: kidney stones. Which I don’t wish on anyone on the planet. Either way, I can’t see Cameron playing for a few days. Those things will throw you for a loop.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)